Study Immigration Visa Brisbane
Temporary Visa Options
The Student Visa program is available to non-Australians who wish to undertake an approved course of study in Australia.
There are different types of Student Visa available, depending on what course of study you wish to undertake.
The general requirements for a Student Visa include:
- A confirmation of enrolment from your Australian educational institution;
- Various age, academic and career requirements depending on the type of Student Visa you are applying for;
- A proven English language ability, through previous studies conducted in English in an approved country, or your results in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, the Occupational English Test (OET), or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- You are able to support yourself (and all family members included in your application) financially for the duration of your course;
- You have arranged Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) through your educational institution for yourself (and all family members included in your application); and
- You, and all family members included in your application, meet general health and character requirements.
Your Student Visa will be granted with a number of conditions attached to it. It is very important that you comply with all the conditions of your visa. If you do not, your visa may be cancelled.
Some of the conditions imposed on Student Visas include:
- 8101 – you cannot work in Australia whilst holding your Student Visa. You may apply for permission to work once you have commenced studying.
- 8202 – you must remain enrolled in an approved full-time course.
- 8501 – you must have adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia (OSHC).
- 8516 – you must continue to satisfy the requirements for the grant of your visa.
Find out more from Richard Timpon Law Firm for migration
Pacific Gateway International College-Brisbane
Level 1, 232 Adelaide Street
Brisbane, 4000 QLD, Australia